Monday, June 22, 2009

Mixed Feelings

I'm on a brief bit of vacation, and about to head to the airport and NYC until late Thursday night. (Eldest Child lives there.)

Meanwhile, there's this Big Meeting in Bedford, Texas. I can't write a huge amount right now, and may not have that much profound to say anyway. But I just need to go on record that I simultaneously 1) don't think it had to come to this, and am pretty clear about my vocation to remain an Episcopalian; and 2) wish the folks well. They're my friends. I'm happy that they're excited about what they're doing, and hope they heed my repeated hope that we all "walk apart close together."

Off to Gotham.

3 comments:

Bruce Robison said...

Dan,

This is what I had to say:

http://revbmrobison.blogspot.com/2009/06/pastoral-note-pittsburgh-anglicans-in.html

Dale Matson said...

Dear Fr. Dan,
I do think it had to come to this and believe you will understand better following GenCon09.

Mousie and Christy's Mommy said...

It has definitely "come to this." I attended that incredible meeting in Bedford and thought about how great it would have been to have you there. As Dale said, I'm sure you will have a better understanding following General Convention. Blessings as you continue on your path of being a light in the darkness.